Debra spreads the word about “plants that drink responsibly” via newsletters, articles, photos, videos, social media, public speaking, radio, podcasts and TV. Her YouTube videos have over 5,000,000 views. She focuses on news, design ideas, experts, and destinations that "celebrate the joy of succulents."
Debra lives and gardens in “the epicenter of all things succulent:” San Diego’s North County, home to more succulent specialty nurseries and wholesale growers than anywhere else in the world.
“My greatest pleasure is showing how to use succulents beautifully in a wide range of creative applications.”
Debra Lee Baldwin
Debra Shows You How To ...
- Help your succulents thrive and look their very best.
- Select the right ones for your location, preferences and projects.
- Collect, care for and cultivate your favorites.
- Create indoor and outdoor gardens that are beautiful, relaxing and inviting.
- Discover innovative designers and learn from their tips and ideas.
- Take pride in your garden, landscape, containers and plants.
- Savor moments of discovery, delight and inspiration.
TV, Radio & Media
Excerpts and links to articles and interviews in which Debra is featured or quoted as an expert on succulents and their design uses. Book reviews, radio podcasts, TV news, Wall St. Journal, Washington Post, KPBS, more.
Garden Editor, Sunset magazine
"Debra’s work has elevated succulents to rock-star status in Western gardens."
Nursery Manager, Roger’s Gardens
"Debra Lee Baldwin and her books have lit up the gardening world."
Landscape designer, Design for Serenity
"Her passion and expertise are unsurpassed in the world of succulents. Debra demystifies these plants so you can grow, collect and create with confidence."
Want to Learn More?
For fun and inspiring follow-ups to Debra's books, subscribe to her “Celebrating the Joy of Succulents” newsletter. Topics include seasonal must-do’s, eye-catching projects, visits to great gardens, plant profiles, care and maintenance tips, interviews with experts, and much more. Subscribe now.
“I eagerly read every issue from top to bottom. So much good stuff!” — Landscape designer Laura Eubanks.