There are numerous reasons why succulents have become so popular.
Many more people are growing succulents nowadays because the plants…
- Are a good lawn alternative for regions with water shortages.
- Are fire-resistant plants for backcountry gardens prone to wildfire.
- Are easy to cultivate and propagate.
- Need minimal maintenance.
- Range in size from ground covers to trees.
- Have pleasing geometric shapes
- Add interest to gardens large and small
- Are intriguing year-round
- Come in every color including blue
- Produce long-lasting, vivid flowers
- New cultivars are being introduced all the time.
For a New York Magazine reporter’s shocking take on the Succulent Phenomenon, see How to Kill Succulents.